The first step – Preparing your Amazon Fire TV Stick
It’s quite easy to sideload the TVMucho app from your Android phone or tablet and watch it on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. Just follow the instructions and you’ll do it with no problems:
- Boot into the Amazon Fire TV Stick and go to Settings > System.
- Furthermore, when you enter the System menu scroll down and you will see the sub-menu labeled “Developer Options”. The subtext will highlight the Developer Options for “Enable ADB connections over network”.
- Enter the “Developer Options” menu and you will see two toggles that need to be turned ON – “ADB debugging” and “Apps from Unknown Sources.”
- Check the IP address of the unit by going to “Setting > System > About” and then select “Network”.
- Write down the IP address because you will need it later on. Make sure to confirm your IP address because if you restart your Amazon Fire TV Stick prior to doing so the IP address may change.
It’s time for the next step.
Sideloading from your Android Device
- Download and install Apps2Fire from the Google Play store and don’t worry, it’s completely free.
- Launch the app and tap on the menu button in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select “Setup” and on the screen that follows enter the IP address from your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Click Save and now you have two options to transfer your apps. You can click on the + symbol that is in the circle in the upper right corner and select any APK file on your Android through the file browser. The APK doesn’t have to be installed on your device; it can just be downloaded. The second way to transfer your apps works only on installed applications from the Google Play Store. Tap on the menu button and select “Upload Apps.”
- Select an app by tapping on it and it will automatically transfer.
There is only one problem because the Apps2Fire doesn’t have a feedback mechanism for version failure. Thus, if you upload a new app that isn’t compatible with Android 4.2.2 you won’t receive an error message and your app won’t work. However, the TVMucho app is compatible with Android 4.2.2 so don’t worry about that.
That said, it’s a really easy way to transfer apps with no command line work necessary. Let’s take a look at where to find your apps once you’ve transferred them to the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Step 3 – Launching Your App on the Fire TV
When you install the TVMucho or any other app all that is left is to find them on your Amazon Fire TV Stick:
- You can find the apps in the Settings > Applications menu.
- Click on the “Manage Installed Applications”. Browse to the TVMucho (or desired app) and select it by pressing the center button on your Fire TV remote.
- Select “Launch application.”
- You have done it!
If you have found this article useful, please stay tuned for more and share with your friends. TVMucho aspires to provide great value for its viewers.